NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION
TITLE: Program Officer LOCATION: Lagos
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 20th 2016
A registered NGO that focuses on community development and engagement is looking for a Program Officer. The position seeks a competent individual to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. The individual will be involved in planning and organizing programs and activities, and will be responsible for important operational tasks.
As a key external representative of the organization, the Program Officer will be responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders including the volunteer community, non-profit organizations, and donors. S/he will work closely with the Director.
This position is a unique opportunity for an individual who enjoys working closely with a core team of professionals from the financial and consulting industries. Ideal candidates include individuals who are ready to for a hands on experience requiring multiple skill sets and continual learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Stakeholder management
o Develop and maintain contacts with key stakeholders
o Attend conferences and other networking events to identify possible stakeholders and opportunities.
• Data and research
o Collecting data for and preparing a database of operational NGOs,
initiatives, and foundations.
o Research across thematic CSR areas with the aim of identifying suitable
solutions for the local environment. • Social media and Communications
o Content development for communications tools including e-newsletter, reports, and brochures.
o Content development for social media platforms.
o Management of website and social media platforms. o Support day-to-day communications tasks as needed.
o Work with designated team members to refine fundraising strategy. o Developmentoffundraisingmaterial.
o Coordination of volunteer activities as directed.
o Maintaining budget and tracking expenditures • Other Activities
o Other tasks as assigned by the Director. Required skills and competencies:
• Experience and knowledge of social media platforms
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Knowledge or interest in development or nonprofit work
• Knowledge of budgeting, booking andreporting
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Experience in graphic design is an asset Benefits
• A fun and vibrant environment that will nurture your creativity, ideas and passion to effect change in your community
• The opportunity to work with an experienced team of professionals from the financial and international consulting world
• A committed group of people who inspire and support each other
• Network with other non-profit professionals
Interested candidates should please send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org